*If you are looking for scholarships after you have enrolled, please refer to the following.
This scholarship targets only master's students. Those who wish to receive ADB scholarship need to apply for International Graduate Program (IGP) and pass its examination.
|Application Period||IGP-Master's Application Period I|
|Month of Enrollment||September|
If you are eligible for ADB scholarship, please submit the following form along with other documents when applying for IGP Master's Program.
About ADB Scholarship
This scholarship is for students who is admitted to the Master’s Program at Keio University and agree to return to their home country (listed here ) immediately after completing the Master's program. At least two years of full-time professional work experience prior to application is required.
Amount of scholarship
A monthly stipend equivalent to that of Japanese Government Scholarship,
one round-trip air ticket, full remission of tuition and entrance fees, etc.
Length of scholarship term
A maximum of two years
Scholarship recipients must be under 35 years of age at the time of application.
For more information about ADB, please refer to the ADB's website .
Eligibility for ADB Scholarship
- The applicant must be a national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible).
- The applicant should have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and an outstanding academic record.
- The applicant must have at least 2 years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree).
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills is mandatory.
- The applicant must be no more than 35 years old at the time of application.
- The applicant must be in good health.
- The applicant must agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies, and contribute to the development of his home country.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than their home country are not eligible for this scholarship. If from another Developing Member Country of ADB, application may be considered.
- The scholarship does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.