The Department of Foreign Languages and Liberal Arts, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University is seeking part-time lecturers in English for the 2020 Academic Year.
(1st period: 9:00-10:30, 2nd period: 10:45-12:15, 3rd period: 13:00-14:30, 4th period: 14:45-16:15, 5th period: 16:30-18:00)
Compulsory English classes:
(1) English 3 (Spring Term), English 4 (Fall Term), Tuesday, 4th and 5th periods, Hiyoshi Campus
(2) English 3 (Spring Term), English 4 (Fall Term), Thursday, 4th and 5th periods, Hiyoshi Campus
Elective English class:
(3) English Speaking 3 (Spring and Fall Terms), Hiyoshi Campus
*(3) can be taught at: Monday through Friday, 3rd period; Wednesday, 4th and 5th periods; Saturday, 1st through 3rd periods
1) Ph.D. or equivalent
2) Teaching experience of English at the university level
3) Proficiency in Japanese is preferable
1) CV (including the applicant’s photo and email address)
2) List of publications
3) List of days/periods available for teaching
April 1, 2020
According to the University’s regulations
Applications must be received by: November 27, 2019
Short-listed applicants will be invited to an interview (an email will be sent by December 2, 2019). The invited applicants may be asked to provide the names and contacts of one to two referees. The interview will take place on December 7, 2019 (Sat.), or, in the case that the applicants are unavailable on this date, on a separate date, to be determined individually.
English Section, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University
Applications should be posted by registered mail (‘kakitome’) to the following address:
Faculty of Science and Technology Division, Academic Services, Office of Student Services, Dokuritsukan, Keio University, 4-1-1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 223-8521
NB: Please write ‘Application for English part-time lecturer enclosed’ in red ink on the envelope.
1) Application documents will not be returned.
2) The initial contract term is April 1, 2020 - March 31, 2021.