Welcome party for foreign students and visiting research fellows
Updated May 18, 2005
A welcome party for foreign students, visiting research fellows and their families of the Faculty of Science and Technology was held at the forum of the House of Creation and Imagination, Yagami Campus, on May 12, 2005. It was hosted jointly by Hiyoshi Nihon-go Club of Keio Gijuku Fujin Mita-kai (Keio University Alumnae Association) and Keio Welcome Net. More than 100 people including Japanese volunteers and university staff members participated in the party.
The above mentioned two organizations, Keio Gijuku Fujin Mita-kai and Keio Welcome Net, are official support organizations of the International Center. Alumnae of Keio University comprise those organizations, providing various kinds of support activities for foreign students and visiting research fellows, as shown below:
Keio Gijuku Fujin Mita-kai http://www.fujinmitakai.com/ holds
- ”Nihon-go Club” http://www.ic.keio.ac.jp/jp/support/p01_01.html
It is an informal and friendly gathering where you can get Japanese lessons and information useful for your stay in Japan.
Keio Welcome Net http://www.ic.keio.ac.jp/jp/support/p01_03.html holds:
- Welcome parties for information exchanges
- Biannual bazaars in the spring and autumn semesters, respectively.
- Various programs to provide opportunities where you learn more about Japanese traditions, culture and seasons
- Consultancy and assistance for questions, problems and others
It was held between 12:00 to 13:0 as Lunch Party
Commemorative Photo with Keio GijukuFujin Mita-kai members